Throughout the year, OneCommunity brings together members of the community for events featuring local innovators, nationally known experts, and others with focus on important technology topics. These include:
- Public and private sector leaders learned first-hand how “smart” development can occur and lead to a truly intelligent community at the Cleveland Intelligent Communities Breakfast on July 23, 2015.
- On July 14, 2015, over 150 guests filed into Music Box Supper Club in the Flats to be engaged by Northeast Ohio IoT innovations for the Cleveland [R]IoT Happy Hour. It was a fabulous showing, with 13 unique IoT demonstrations from NEO-based corporations, startups, and students.
- OneCommunity welcomed Doug Cutting, Co-Founder of Hadoop, for the Big Data Business Breakfast on May 19, 2015 at Case Western Reserve University’s Tinkham Veale University Center Ballroom.
- Over 200 professionals came together on April 7, 2015 to Realize the Internet of Things at theCleveland [R]IoT Regional Summit. This lunch and learn featured four speakers who explored the Internet of Things and what it means for the future, specifically in Northeast Ohio.
- Over 40 young women from Northeast Ohio came together for the Cleveland Young Women’s IoT Olympiad March 13-14, 2015 to learn, collaborate, and bring forth their ideas on technology and innovation.
- The Town Hall meeting on “The Future of Education: One Student at a Time,” co-sponsored with the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education (NOCHE) and ideastream on December 1, 2014;
- The visit from nationally known technology activist Susan Crawford in November 2014 for a presentation at the City Club of Cleveland, followed by workshops on the issue of open data and responsive government;
- The first Tech Town Hall co-sponsored by OneCommunity and ideastream on October 1, 2014. This event brought together four technology industry leaders to consider what our region does well and where we can do better. They also discussed what policies will be needed to establish Cleveland as a destination for entrepreneurial tech companies;
- A convening to meet Marie Kittredge, the newly appointed Director of the ambitious Opportunity Corridor Project. Ms. Kittredge gave a presentation and took questions on the potential economic and community benefits the project offers to the surrounding neighborhoods.